Settings shortcuts for iOS 5: Open preferences from your home screen
Every time you want to switch Bluetooth or other iPhone features off/on you have to navigate through several menus before you reach preferences. Kai Schneider makes it easier for you now: He offers a set of shortcuts for iPhone and iPod touch you can use to directly navigate to certain options without the need for a Jailbreak.
The installation is pretty straightforward: Open Kai’s site via Mobile Safari (on iPhone or iPod touch) and install the profile offered there. A few seconds later you’ll find 15 new icons on your Home Screen that takes you to VPN, brightness, bluetooth and WiFi settings with just one tap.
- Benutzung (Usage) — prefs:root=General&path=USAGE
- Bluetooth — prefs:root=General&path=Bluetooth
- Flugmodus (Airplane Mode) an — prefs:root=AIRPLANE_MODE
- Helligkeit (Brightness) — prefs:root=Brightness
- Hotspot — prefs:root=INTERNET_TETHERING
- Information (About) — prefs:root=General&path=About
- Mobile Daten (Cellular Usage) — prefs:root=General&path=USAGE/CELLULAR_USAGE
- Netzwerk (Network) — prefs:root=General&path=Network
- Ortungsdienste (Location Services) — prefs:root=LOCATION_SERVICES
- Rufnummer senden ein/aus (Show my Caller ID on/off) — prefs:root=Phone&path=CallerID
- Rufweiterleitung (Call Forwarding) — prefs:root=Phone&path=CallForwarding
- Siri — prefs:root=General&path=Assistant
- Töne (Sounds) — prefs:root=Sounds
- VPN — prefs:root=General&path=Network/VPN
- Wi-Fi — prefs:root=WIFI
Each clip only contains of a short line that takes you directly to the desired setting, each shortcut with a matching icon. The set is only available in German, though it’s likely that more languages might follow. The same applies to the iPad compatible set Kai’s already working on. Another bonus that might make up for the “disadvantage” of the German shortcuts: The set is completely free, though you’re welcome to honour Kai’s work via Flattr or PayPal.